- Student Guide Worksheets: Patient History Scenarios, Health History Forms
The student will:
- Understand effective communication;
- Use effective listening techniques;
- Use proper verbal and nonverbal communication skills; and
- Practice communication techniques to minimize communication barriers in health care.
- Students will choose the patient they want to portray.
Students will research the following for their disorder:
- Signs and symptoms
- History of disorder
Students must be able to:
- Identify patient, ask and record chief complaint, signs and symptoms, history of disorder, all health history, current medication usage, social history; and
- Communicate with the appropriate emotion, tone, volume, and body language.
- In teams of 2, one student will play the role of the patient they have chosen, and one student will play the role of the health care practitioner. The practitioner will complete the Health History form by asking the appropriate questions of their "patient". When all the patient history has been recorded, the students will switch roles.